top of page
Sentencing Order

What to Bring to your First Appointment

  • Sentencing Order

The court where you were convicted should have given you two copies of the Sentencing Order which outlines what sanctions have been given to you including your revocation period and what you need to do in order to have your sentence reduced.  You must provide one copy of the Order to CAIP for your records.


Should you not have the sentencing order for a New Hampshire conviction please call 1-855-212-1234 to receive a copy of your case summary. 

Driver Record
  • Driver Record(s)

You must supply CAIP with an original, certified copy of your driver record from the State of NH, Motor Vehicle Department (even if you are from another state).  If you have held a license in any other state, or have been convicted of a DUI/DWI in any other state in the previous ten years, you must provide an original, certified copy of your driver record from that state; you will need to contact the particular state’s DMV in order to find out how to get this record.  Below are links to Massachusetts, Vermont and Connecticut’s web sites.  You can usually find a state’s web site online by Googling:  “How do I get a copy of my ___ (enter the state) driver record?”

​You can obtain a copy of your NH driver record (also known as the Driver History Record/Report) at many of the local NH DMV offices in the Financial Responsibility department including at Concord, Keene, Manchester, Milford, and Nashua.  You must provide a copy of the DSMV Form 505, and pay a fee of $15.  This form can be accessed at 


For the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you can order a copy of the RMV driving record by going to:   You will need to order the “True and Attested Driving Record (currently $20) and it will be sent to you at the address on your record.


For the State of Vermont, you can print a copy of the “Vermont DMV Record Request” at    You will need to request the certified copy of complete operating record which currently costs $16.  Print the form from this web site, fill it in and send it to the address indicated on the first page of the form.


For information about requesting a Connecticut Driving Record, go to  There is a link to the “Copy Records Request Form” that you can fill in and send in to the address indicated on the above web site page. The fee for the record currently is $20.

Arrest Report
  • Arrest Report and Arrest Narrative

The arrest report and narrative are available from the police department that arrested you.  You will need to contact the arresting police department to determine how to get a copy of this report and narrative.  There may or may not be a charge for this report copy.  If you had an attorney, your attorney may be able to give you a copy of this report.  You must provide all pages of both the report and the narrative.


If you were arrested by the NH State Police, you must file a letter to request the report in order to receive a copy.  You can find out how to do this at:

BAC Test Results
  • Proof of Alcohol or Drug Test(s) or Refusal

You will need to furnish proof of your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) level, and/or you drug levels, or your refusal to take a test.  Usually your BAC level or your refusal to take a test is written into the arrest report and narrative.  You can usually find it towards the end of the written narrative as this occurred towards the end of your time with the police officer.  For any drug levels, please bring in the results from a laboratory print out page which will list the particular drug and the level that was detected in your blood sample. 

You also could bring in the print out that was given to you at the time you took a breath test that lists your BAC opposite the line that says “Reported Value.”  You could also bring in the pink copy of the form that was given to you the night of your arrest that served as a temporary license for 30 days after your arrest (has the seal of the State of NH at the upper left corner and a six digit number printed on the upper right corner) and lists your BAC or refusal to take a test at the bottom of the form.

  • Payments

You must bring in two money orders at your intake; we will only accept money orders.  Should you appear for your appointment with any other form of payment, we will not be able to continue with your intake appointment and you will be required to reschedule and pay a $75 rescheduling fee.   


The first money order is for $70, which covers the State Fee charged by NH to administer the IDCMP programs.  This money order should be made out to:  “Treasurer, State of NH.”  If you qualify for a reduced fee, the state fee is waived and will not need to be paid (see below, “Reduced Fee”).

The second money order is for $75, which covers the fee for the intake interview.  This money order should be made out to:  “Headrest”.


Should you be required to do an evaluation the same day, the fee for the evaluation is $200 and you can bring in one $275 money order to cover the cost of both the intake and the evaluation if that is easier for you.  At your intake, we will review with you any other program components you will be required to complete and the related fees. 


If you are having difficulty paying these fees, we will work as a partner with you to help you set up a payment plan you can afford.  Please let your intake interviewer know that you want to discuss making a payment plan. 


Reduced Fee

Should you be currently receiving temporary assistance to needy families, social security disability, supplemental security income, aid to the permanently and totally disabled or old age assistance you can be eligible for a reduced fee for the IDEP if you provide proper documentation.  This will reduce the cost of the Impaired Driver Education Program from $300 to $150.  In addition, the state fee of $70 is waived. 

IMPORTANT: In order for the state fee to be waived you MUST bring proof or documentation of your income to your intake appointment.  Otherwise the state fee must be paid, or you will be turned away from the intake and charged a rescheduling fee. 

bottom of page